Whitsunday Crocodile Safari is a family owned, professionally operated, fully-guided and safe day-trip nature excursion into the estuaries and wetlands of the Whitsundays. This unique tropical environment, is home to many species of native and migratory birds, mammals, reptiles and marine animals, including approximately 150 estuarine crocodiles.
The tour commenced operation in 2000 and you are guaranteed excellent customer service and a memorable nature experience. Whitsunday Crocodile Safari holds advanced eco-certification with Ecotourism Australia and is a Green Travel Leader. The tour operates on private land, and is the only commercial tour on Proserpine River. The safari is set to the background sounds of nature and gives you a feeling of being miles from civilization, deep in the Australian bush, even though you are only five minutes from Proserpine and 30 minutes from Airlie Beach.
Whitsunday Crocodile Safari
See estuarine crocodiles in the Wild in the Whitsundays.
Nowhere else in Queensland can you experience so much in one location.
Whitsunday Crocodile Safari offers guests a unique Australian nature experience in natural habitat.
Explore the unique tropical environment of the Whitsunday coastline as you experience the wildlife and vegetation in the estuaries and wetlands.
- All weather day tour with expert guides and commentary
- Courtesy return bus transfers from Airlie Beach and Proserpine
- Barbecue lunch **
- Traditional Billy Tea and Damper
- Iced drinking water
- Rain ponchos are provided as required
- Insect repellent is provided as required
** Vegetarian & gluten free meals must be pre-arranged at time of booking
8:30 – 9:15am Pick-up and transfer to tour campsite in Proserpine
9:15 – 9:30am Welcome and introduction
9:30 – 11:30am Cruise on Proserpine River
11:30 – 12:15pm Barbecue Lunch
12:15 – 1:30pm Wetland Wagon-Train Tour
1:30 – 2:15pm Billy Tea and Damper at campsite
2:15 – 3:00pm Return transfer to accommodation and drop off points
Note: Times and routine may be varied to suit tidal variations.
- Complimentary iced drinking water is available at the campsite throughout the tour
- Lunch from the Barbecue: includes beef fillet steak, gluten free sausages, barramundi fish fillets, marinated chicken breast fillet and barbecued onions
- Lunch from the Salad Bar: includes noodle, potato and mixed green salads, sliced tomato & cucumber, bread rolls and condiments
- Lunch Dessert: traditional Lamington Cake
- NOTE: Some special diets such as Vegetarian and Gluten Free can be catered for but must be requested at time of booking
- Afternoon Tea: Billy tea and damper prepared on-site, served with jam, syrup & honey
- Cold softdrinks, juices and bottled water can be purchased at the campsite
- Snack items are NOT available for purchase
What To Bring
- Cash (for cold drinks & souvenirs)
- Jacket (on cool or windy days)
- Footwear (any type is appropriate)